A Nigerian man identified as Anthony Imafidon has been arrested by the police after he intentionally drove a van into his ex-wife Bisi’s building at Staten Island, causing the vehicle to burst into flames.
The van which crashed into the building at 671 Bay St. in Staten Island just before 11 p.m. on Sunday September 22, was driven by the 42-year-old Nigerian national and it was captured on video.
Bisi and her children — a 15-year-old girl, a 13-year-old boy and an 11-year-old boy -— and others inside the building escaped unhurt after the fire which the police believe was caused an incendiary device in the van razed down the apartment. It was brought under control at about 11:30 p.m.
Imafidon who holds a first degree in Economics from Bayero University in Kano and a second in Psychology from the Staten Island College, was the only one injured in the incident and he was taken to a local hospital before being released.
He is now in police custody and faces several charges, including four counts of attempted murder, four counts of attempted assault, two counts of arson, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, and — because there were children in the building — acting in a major injurious to a child.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group