A Nigerian man has reportedly stopped paying his daughter’s school fee after she asked him to wash his dishes after meal.
According to a post updated on social media by Dr. Olusesan, the lady is studying in the United Kingdom and during one of his visits, the daughter asked him to wash his plates by himself.
The mother however has been at loggerhead with her husband over his decision.
Dr. Olusesan wrote:
There’s danger, daughters have begin to assimilate this toxicity. It started like a joke, when a Nigerian female student in a UK school, ask her father to wash his plates after meals, during visits. The man has stopped paying her fees, and her mother is saying “men are scum.”
While supporting the motion that men should not do dishes in the home, Olusesan wrote that men are saddled with bigger responsibilities of providing for the home and they should not be relegated to do such tasks, except when there is the need to support the woman.
Down d road, doing dishes should become a trivial duty, as men pick up more burden to provide for the family. Except where the woman is over-laboured, excusing a man from chores is a courtesy and honour that will never be properly appreciated in poorly consummated relationships.” he wrote
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group