Nigeria’s minister of health, Dr Osagie Ehanire has said that the Nigerian government did not invite the Chinese doctors who came into the country a few days ago to help with the fight against COVID-19.
Politics Nigeria gathered that 15 Chinese doctors flew into Nigeria on the invitation of a Chinese construction company, CCECC, hoping to help the Nigerian government battle the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Speaking in a recent interview of Channels TV, Ehanire revealed that the Nigerian government did not bring in the doctors as widely speculated. In his words;
“I think in the first place we didn’t bring them in, I think the Company (CCECC) in its own wisdom and probably in its own corporate social responsibility thought they should bring people in to come and help us and advice.”
“We didn’t issue any invitation but we are not unhappy that they are here because we can learn from their experience. These people have been through it, we want to start with a video conferencing with them even while they are isolation so that we can try to learn from their experiences.”
“There is nothing better than learning from someone who has actually suffered an event and been inflicted with an injury.”
“So there are people who as specialized doctors and nurses. What we can learn from then we learn but the company in its own wisdom thought we could benefit from this kind of initiative. We didn’t really ask for it, in fact, we didn’t know that this whole gift was coming from the company. We appreciate it nevertheless.”
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group