In a Save-Our-Soul letter delivered to the Chairman of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), Nigerians in Ghana called the attention of Nigerian government to return them back home. According to Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, she said they seek for a peaceful evacuation from Ghana.
The evacuation letter, which was signed by 753 traders, was delivered to her by the union president, Dr Ken Ukoaha
In the letter, these Nigerians in diaspora expressed their willingness to come back home is as a result of different intimidation, frustruation and embarrassment they consistently face in the country. Also, the imposition of $1m business equity on non-Ghanian citizens by their government has a way to endanger their survival and threaten the growth of their businesses.
Moreover, they alleged the Ghanian authorities of closing their shops for a year while the landlords keep requesting for money for rent.
“Diplomatic niceties at the highest level between Nigeria and Ghana have not yielded positive results.
“Landlords are coming to ask us for rent. How do we pay with our shops locked up for so long? We are dying here”, the traders lamented in the letter.
However, Dabiri-Erewa received the letter and addressed them to give chance for peace as she conveys the message to the appropriate authorities. She told them that even the Nigerian government will be happy to welcome them back home.
She added that although Ghanian Acts have gone against ECOWAS Protocols on Free Trade and the Movement of Goods and Services, but she demanded that Nigerians in Ghana should keep calm as they make plans on how to evacuate them out of the country.
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst