Nigerians Blasts Buhari As NYSC Debunks Rumour of 31,800 Stipend For Corps Members
National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, has dismissed as fake news reports making the rounds on social media that serving corps members will be paid N31,800 as monthly stipends following the signing of the new minimum wage into law by President Muhammadu Buhari.
A Deputy Director at the NYSC headquarters Abuja, Eddy Megwa told Vanguard on Wednesday that the federal government is yet to inform the Scheme of any increases in the stipends of serving corps members.
He stressed that though the NYSC does not pay corps members directly, the federal government will inform the Scheme of any increases before a stipend figure different from the current N19,800 is made available to the public.
He said, “The NYSC does not pay corps members any sum of money directly as stipends but the federal government does. “Until the government is ready to implement the N30,000 minimum wage, we cannot say what corps members will earn for their service to the nation.
“Disregard any figure you find making the rounds on social media. When the federal government is ready, it will inform NYSC and we will announce it to corps members through official channels.”
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
- Academic / Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Admiralty University of Nigeria 2020
- Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Current Job Vacancies at Medexia Limited 2020
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- HAPPENING NOW!! Calabar Popular Market Currently On Heavy Fire
- EXPOSED!! $1.3m United States Mansion Purchased By Ex-Oyo Governor, Ajimobi, In 2016 Uncovered
- BREAKING!! Hushpuppi To Face 20-Year Jail Term In US (Read Full Details)
- More Revelations: How Hushpuppi Scam Premier League Club Of $124 Million
- BREAKING!! PDP Appoints Wike As Chairman Of Edo Gov’ship Election Campaign
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on