Nigerians have called for the arrest of President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter, Hanan, her husband, Mohammed Turad Sani Sha’aban, and guests that attended the wedding for spraying Naira notes on them.
They argued that since it is against the law to spray naira notes at an event, they should be arrested.
Weetalknaija Daily Post gathered that the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, had in 2018 through its spokesman, Isaac Okorafor, warned that Nigerians who spray Naira notes at parties risk going to jail for about six months or made to pay a N50,000 fine.
“If a celebrant is dancing and you spray him/her, you may go to jail from the party venue, because the law enforcement agents will be there, waiting to arrest you,” Mr Okorafor had said in a statement published by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
“It is the duty of the law enforcement agencies to catch offenders and take them to court. Our (CBN) collaboration with the police will intensify as we move to implement the mobile court for offenders,” he added in the statement.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health