The Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, is of the opinion that Nigeria’s population as it currently stands is more of a liability than it is a blessing. Nigeria’s population currently stands at 201 million.
The monarch said this today October 7th when he spoke on a panel session of the 25th Nigerian Economic Summit currently holding in Abuja. According to him, the increase in crime such as the kidnapping, armed robbery, insurgency, farmers-herders crisis, is as a result our unproductive population.
“People talk that our population is an asset but we are yet to get there. Nigeria’s population is currently a liability because most of the root cause of problems such as kidnapping, armed robbery, Boko Haram, drug addiction are all tied to the population that we have and the question is how do you turn that into a productive one” he said
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank