Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, has reappointed Mahmood Yakubu as administrator of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Yakubu, who was named top of the commission in 2015, has an additional five-year term.
Yakubu’s residency was required to end on November 9, 2020.
In a letter to President of the Senate, Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan, the President said as per the arrangement of Section 154 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as revised):
“I am satisfied to introduce for affirmation by the Senate, the designation of Professor Mahmood Yakubu for arrangement as Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for a second and last term.”
- Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank Recruitment for Branch Operations Officer
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited 2020/2021 Recruitment for Graduates
- Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Plc 2021 Young Engineers Programme
- Job Vacancies in an Offshore Oil and Gas Servicing Company (4 Positions)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria December 2020 | Job Vacancies in Nigeria as of 3rd December