The Nigeria Labour Congress has rejected the N27,000 new nationwide minimal wage adopted by the National Council of States on Tuesday.
The NLC Secretary-General, Dr. Peter Ozo-Eson, made this recognized to the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.
According to him, the council has no jurisdiction determining one different amount after a Tripartite Committee had submitted its report.
“It is abysmal of government to be delaying the submission of an Executive Bill to the National Assembly and by wrongfully adopting N27,000 through the council of states,” he said.
However, Ozo-Eson said the NLC has scheduled an emergency National Executive Council meeting for Friday to weigh on the deadline given to authorities inside which to submit an govt bill to the National Assembly.
The NLC scribe added that the Federal Government was solely projecting a shutdown of the monetary system with its latest movement.
“This is because of staff should not be held liable for any enchancment after its NEC meeting on Friday,’’ he said.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager