The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has rejected yesterday’s increase in the price of petrol, threatening that it would no longer guarantee industrial peace.
It added that an emergency meeting of its organs will be summoned to deliberate on the actions to take.,
The President of NLC, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, while reacting to the fuel price increase yesterday told journalists in Abuja that the labour movement was shocked at the development
He said: “In fact, Nigerians and even NLC we are shocked, and this increase is coming at a time when many Nigerians are passing through very peculiar and precarious times.
“It is like Nigerians are being taken for a ride; the increase in price of petrol is like adding salt to injury. “The increase in price of petrol has happened now more than three times in three months; only yesterday they hiked the tariffs of electricity. And to compound it, they also reduced the interest rate of savings, which affects mostly the poor and the vulnerable.
“While rejecting this with the strongest terms, I think Nigerian government is taking Nigerians for granted.
“At the end of the day, Nigerians are becoming poorer and poorer; in fact, many people are already on the edge. Many workers are already on the edge.
“Certainly, we cannot guarantee industrial peace and harmony, and we will have to call our organs and we will have to also react but we reject it in its entirety,” he explained.
Wabba said that federal government has betrayed the trust of Nigerians.
He said the government has failed to protect Nigerians against “the economic challenge that is affecting us.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager