No fewer than 30 persons have been confirmed dead in a road accident along Akaeze-Ishiagu highway in Akaeze Development Centre, Ivo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Weetalknaija Daily Post report
According to report, the incident occurred on Friday at about 5:45pm.
The bus conveying the passengers reportedly plunged into a river near a bridge along the road.
A source from the area said that the accident occurred when an Enugu-bound bus conveying people returning from a burial ceremony in Ebonyi State attempted to overtake a trailer just before a bridge in the area.
The driver of the bus was said to have lost control of the vehicle and veered off into the river and got submerged immediately, Premium Times report
‘’An accident just occurred at Akaeze Development Centre. A 608 bus carrying 36 persons returning from a burial in Ebonyi heading to Enugu while trying to overtake a trailer, the driver lost control and the bus jumped into the river. Up till now, more than 20 minutes after the incident none of them has been found,’’ the source said.
The police spokesman in the state, Loveth Odah, confirmed the incident describing it as a “very unfortunate incident.”
She, however, disclosed that about five persons had so far been rescued from the river, adding that efforts were on to rescue others.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022