Weetalknaija.com.ng can authoritatively report that, one of the notable and front line senators that fought former president, Olusegun Obasanjo’s third term agenda, senator Yushua Anka is dead.
According to a press statement by one of the senator’s relations, Alhaji Ibrahim Anka, the senator died in Abuja after a protracted ailment.
Senator Anka was an inlaw to former governor of Zamfara State, Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima who also took over senator Yushua Anka’s seat in the senate and represented Zamfara West senatorial zone between 2007- 2019.
It could be recalled that the late senator spoke against the proposal to amend the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to pave ways for former president, Olusegun Obasanjo’s second term.
However, senator Anka was the vice-chairman, senate committee on Ethics, foreign affairs, police affairs, commerce, internal affairs and government affairs.
In May 2006, senator Anka dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that brought him to the senate in 1999 and embraced the defunct ANPP for his second senate term.
Before he went to the senate, he was the National Financial Secretary of the National Republican Convention (NRC) during the third Republic
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement