Weetalknaija.com.ng can authoritatively report that, one of the notable and front line senators that fought former president, Olusegun Obasanjo’s third term agenda, senator Yushua Anka is dead.
According to a press statement by one of the senator’s relations, Alhaji Ibrahim Anka, the senator died in Abuja after a protracted ailment.
Senator Anka was an inlaw to former governor of Zamfara State, Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima who also took over senator Yushua Anka’s seat in the senate and represented Zamfara West senatorial zone between 2007- 2019.
It could be recalled that the late senator spoke against the proposal to amend the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to pave ways for former president, Olusegun Obasanjo’s second term.
However, senator Anka was the vice-chairman, senate committee on Ethics, foreign affairs, police affairs, commerce, internal affairs and government affairs.
In May 2006, senator Anka dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that brought him to the senate in 1999 and embraced the defunct ANPP for his second senate term.
Before he went to the senate, he was the National Financial Secretary of the National Republican Convention (NRC) during the third Republic
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group