The Edo State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has confirmed the release of two of its senior operatives abducted on September 27.
The Commandant, Mr Makinde Ayinla, confirmed the release in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Benin on Tuesday.
Ayinla said the operatives were released early on Tuesday by their abductors at Ebelle community in the Igueben Local Government Area of Edo.
“No ransom was paid to secure the release of the operatives,” he said.
The commandant thanked the Nigeria Police, the vigilante in Ebelle town and the families of the abducted workers.
Ayinla also commended other security agencies for their support and collaboration in ensuring the release of the two men.
The two officials were abducted at about 2:30 p.m. last Friday at the railway bridge between Ebelle and Ewosa communities on the Ebelle-Agbor highway on their way to Benin.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement