Nurses In Calabar Beat Up Woman In Labour ‘Because She Couldn’t Afford N20,000 Bill’
“They thought I was a mad woman and they started beating me, telling me to leave the hospital premises,” she said.”I had no option but to find a means to save myself and the baby. And it was when they saw the baby coming out of me that they exclaimed ‘oh the baby is coming o, it’s like she is not a mad woman o.'”
A woman in the throes of labour was allegedly beaten by a team of nurses on duty for her inability to settle her N20,000 bill when she entered the hospital for prompt medical recourse.
The incident happened on April 12 at the Primary Healthcare Centre, Ekpo Abasi in Calabar, Cross-Rivers State.
The woman said the nurses thought her to be a mentally deranged person and they started beating her with sticks.
She said not until they saw the baby ‘coming’ out of her did they stop the beating and delivered her of the baby.
“They thought I was a mad woman and they started beating me, telling me to leave the hospital premises,” she said.
“I had no option but to find a means to save myself and the baby. And it was when they saw the baby coming out of me that they exclaimed ‘oh the baby is coming o, it’s like she is not a mad woman o.'”
The woman, however, said even at that, the nurses almost denied her bed but for the intervention of an empathetic woman who came to her aid in the hospital.
SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Hits EFCC
- NDDC Fraud: Step Aside for Investigation — PDP Tells Akpabio
- Betta Edu Lauds UCTH For A Successful Complex Brain Surgery
- Edo 2020: Group Begs Buhari To Appoint Magu As Treasurer Of APC/Ize-Iyamu Campaign
- REVEALED!! Magu Failed To Submit EFCC Audited Accounts For Four Years
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on