The Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, has commenced exams for its faculty college students whatever the continued strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.
The college on Monday commenced its 2017/2018 second semester exams. Recall that ASUU had, on November 4 2018, launched into industrial movement. Since then, tutorial actions have been suspended in diversified universities.
However, some departments in OAU are carrying on with academics as they’ve lecturers who aren’t members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities.
The lecturers talked about they’re members of the Congress Of Nigeria University Academics, CONUA, together with that the industrial movement was not binding on them.
Students of English and Literary Studies division have been receiving lectures and sat for exams on Monday. The faculty’s public relations officer, Abiodun Olarenwaju suggested TheCable that the varsity calendar would not be extended.
“There’s nothing which means we’ll delay any calendar. Don’t enable us to be speculative, after we get to the bridge we’ll cross it.
“The senate of the faculty is answerable for the academic actions, within the occasion that they uncover it to extend, they’re going to and if not, there’s nothing anybody can do about it.
Let’s maintain our fingers crossed and don’t enable us to be speculative. “Whether they are going to extend it or not has not stopped the students from reading, they should read.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021