Justice Maureen Onyekenu gave the order after Mr Akindele modified his plea from not accountable to accountable.
The trial select ordered that the lecturer serve his sentence in Ilesa jail because of magnitude of the offence he devoted “which is prevalent in the country.”
Mrs Onyekenu had earlier rejected a suspended sentence and plea low cost which the defendant’s counsel, Francis Omotosho, had pleaded for, noting that suspended sentence and plea low cost should be premised on public curiosity.
She decried the gravity of the offence the convict devoted, together with that any individual have for use “as a scapegoat with out letting the problem of sexual harassment in tertiary institutions proceed like that.
Mr Omotosho had earlier pleaded with the court docket to temper justice with mercy in sentencing his shopper.
The lecturer was first arraigned sooner than Justice Maureen Onyetenu on November 19 by the ICPC on four counts of alteration of age and demanding intercourse to cross his scholar.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager