Determined to bring back the glorious days when agriculture was the main stabilizing sector and stay of the defunct Eastern Region and Nigeria as a whole, modalities are on top gear by the Cross River Government to establish Farm Settlements in the state.
To this end the state governor, Sen Prof Ben Ayade has set up a land acquisition Committee to acquire 2000 hectares of land in two non-contiguous Local Government Areas of Central Senatorial district for that purpose.
The immediate past Commissioner for Works, and Chairman of the Committee, Hon. Engineer Dane Osim -Asu, who disclosed this in Calabar, Thursday, revealed that the committee has already identified Boki and Obubra as the two LGAa that Will play host to the new farm settlements programme of the Ayade administration.
Farm settlements are the Sen Prof Ben Ayade administration in Cross River has set up a Committee to acquire 2000 hectares of in two non- contiguous Lical govts in Central senatorial district of the state to establish farm settlements.
He explained that the committee started it’s activities by visiting Yakurr, Obubra, Ikom and Boki LGAs to assess the areas and has settled for Boki and Obubra LGAs of the state for the programme.
The land acquisition Committee Chairman for the Farm Settlement programme, said that the projects are targeted at empowering the people of the immediate catchment areas and the people of Cross River State as a whole.
He further disclosed that the projects will not only empower the people financially but also technically as those who will work in the farm settlements will be expose to new knowledge and modern means and methods of farming.
It would be recalled that defunct Eastern Nigeria development cooperation, (ENDC) had established this type of ambitious agro expansionist programmes that empowered and enabled the then South-Eastern state and other states that came out of the former Eastern region to developed their agricultural potentials in the areas of cocoa, cashew, Cotton, oil Palm and cassava , as well as farm reserves.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement