Ezekwesili in a press release to DAILY POST said she stepped apart from the presidential race to help assemble a coalition to defeat the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party inside the February 16, 2019 election.
According to her, her decision to withdraw from the race adopted intensive discussions with Nigerians at home and inside the Diaspora and an examination of the nation’s electoral ambiance sequel to the 2019 presidential debate of Saturday, January 19, 2019.
This enchancment, which is coming 20 days to the presidential election, has since stirred numerous reactions from Nigerians on-line.
Here are some suggestions gathered by DAILY POST from Twitter:
@MarkEssien “Oby Ezekwesili has stepped down to help build a single coalition against the incumbents. My next preferred candidate is Kingsley Moghalu, and if all other 3rd force presidential candidates consolidate around one person, it can become significant enough to shake the status quo.”
@Aolaosebikan “Good move but somehow too late. Also many wasted opportunities for a good representation at National Assembly. Anyway we have learned enough to be more strategic for 2023.”
@BrodaleeB “The aim is to remove bad government.As you have step down don’t make the mistake of joining APC. You will lose again.”
@Fjfalase “Please collaborate to kill the double headed monster ie APC and PDP !!!! The citizens need you to.”
@Ifystic “After causing distraction and confusion. This is why I always taught you are a Buhari agent judging from your campaign attacks on PDP.”
@Slkie “Hmmm, you’ll want to help assemble coalition 20 days to election? 20 days not 20 months and even 20 weeks!
@Iamdpassword “Oby Ezekwesili just stepped down from the presidential election. It’s good that she has finally realised that changing the status quo demands forming an alliance. It’s coming a bit late tho but next time we try earlier.”
@SammyAdex1 “Madam you should have known that coalition bond is stronger if you really would love to put or stop APC and PDP in the forthcoming election.”
@Kany_10 “Aunty Oby Ezekwesili, we told you before that she’s sponsored to destabilise the polity, but she’s too small to do the hatchet job, so she finally bows out. Apart from Sowore, others are doing the same paid job, but will soon join aunty Obi on the sideline.”
@Harir_Isah “Too late na, We expected this move months ago.May be you should extend the plan to 2023.”
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders