Ahmed Umar Fintiri, candidate of the peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has received the Adamawa State governorship election.
To emerge victor, FIntiri polled a complete of 376,552 votes to beat Jibrilla Bindow, incumbent Governor and candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who secured 336,386 votes, amounting to a margin of 40,166.
Before Thursday’s supplementary election, Fintiri had polled 367,471 votes whereas Bindow had 334,995, leaving a margin of 32,476 votes and putting him in a fairly snug scenario, as solely 40,988 votes have been cancelled by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Bindow might need harboured faint hopes of catching up together with his adversary, but it surely was Fintiri who went even higher, additional widening the hole after polling 9,081 votes on the supplementary train to Bidow’s 1,391.
Governor-elect Fintiri is a former Adamawa State Governor whose reign stays probably the most short-lived ever in Nigeria’s historical past.
He was Speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly in July 2014 when Murtala Nyako was impeached as Governor. With his deputy, Bala Ngilari, having supposedly resigned simply earlier than the impeachment, Fintiri grew to become Acting Governor for the three months inside which the legislation mandated the conduct of a by-election.
He was the favorite to win the resultant by-election. However, three days earlier than the election, a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja invalidated Ngilari’s supposed resignation, saying it didn’t comply with the suitable channel because it wasn’t Nyako who accepted it. Consequently, it forbade the conduct of the election and ordered the swearing in of Ngilari as Governor.
In a coincidence, when Fintiri secured the PDP ticket in final year’s major, he polled 1,656 votes to beat Abubakar Waziri, former Chief Protocol Officer to former president Goodluck Jonathan, who polled 465 votes, in addition to Ngilari, who may solely muster 76 votes
- Cross River Governor, Ben Ayade Presents 54 Ford SUVs To LG Chairmen
- OCTOBER 1: President Buhari To Address Nigerians From Eagle Square
- Breaking!! Confusion As Lagos Govt Cancels Independent Day Celebration
- HOT! We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor — Oba Of Benin Warns Wike
- BREAKING!! Akeredolu Will Lose Ondo Governorship Election Gallantly, Except — Popular Pastor Predicts
- BBC Recruitment 2020 for for an Editor, Gist Nigeria
- International Organization for Migration Jobs for Graduates
- World Bank Recruitment 2020 for a Graduate Administrative Assistant in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Virgin Forest Energy Limited
- Engineering Jobs in Nigeria at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)