PLateau state governor, SImon Bako Lalong. [Photo credit: Pulse.ng]
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared governor Simon Lalong of the All Progressive Congress (APC) the winner of the 2019 governorship election in Plateau State.
Richard Kimbir, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, made the declaration on Sunday on the state INEC headquarters after concluding the supplementary election held on Saturday.
Mr Lalong defeated Jeremiah Useni of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) who got here second within the election.
The Plateau governorship election was, on March 11, declared inconclusive by the state returning officer, Mr Kimbir, a professor. He stated the margin between the 2 main candidates was lower than the variety of votes cancelled in your complete election.
According to INEC, on March 11, Governor Lalong had scored 583,255 votes whereas Mr Useni scored 548,336 votes, highlighting that not one of the main candidates met all the necessities of the regulation to win the election.
49,347 votes throughout 40 polling models had been cancelled in 9 Local Government Areas of the state.
The affected LGAs the place the rerun held embrace; Barkin Ladi, Bassa, Bokkos, Jos North, Kanam, Langtang South, Mangu, Pankshin, and Shendam.
Announcing the ultimate election outcomes scored by every social gathering, the returning officer stated Mr Lalong of the APC scored 595,582 votes whereas Mr Useni of the PDP scored 546,813.
“Simon Lalong of the APC, having satisfied the requirement of the law and scored the highest number of votes is hereby declared the winner and returned elected,” the returning stated.
The margin between the winner and the runner-up is 48,769 votes.
The results of the election indicated that out of 17 LGAs of the state, Mr Lalong received in 11 whereas Mr Useni received in six.
Sunday’s last end result marks the second time Mr Lalong is defeating the PDP within the state.
In 2015, he defeated the late Gyang Pwajok of the PDP to turn out to be the primary governor from opposition to win governorship election within the state.
PDP had ruled the state for 16 years. Joshua Dariye, a senator who’s at present in jail, had ruled from 1999 to 2007 whereas Jonah Jang, ruled from 2007 to 2015.
The end result by LGAs is as follows:
APC: 18, 602
PDP: 7, 994
APC: 23, 360
PDP: 22, 831
APC: 18, 979
PDP: 40, 519
APC: 17, 080
PDP: 44, 529
APC: 27, 561
PDP: 26 ,700
APC: 15, 150
PDP: 11, 703
APC: 33, 475
PDP: 91, 846
APC: 37, 593
PDP: 27, 485
APC: 51, 895
APC: 12, 720
PDP: 24, 017
APC: 31, 962
PDP: 20, 939
APC: 61, 798
Total variety of votes scored by every of the 2 main events
APC – 595,582
PDP – 546,813
- BREAKING: Buhari Reappoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
- #EndSars: Raging Hoodlums Storm Church, Loot Food Items, Others
- BREAKING!! WTO’s Council To Officially Announce Okonjo-Iweala’s Choice As WTO DG Today
- SHOCKING!! Dogara Directs Immediate Release of Arrested Looters of His Residence
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Orders Full Reopening of All Markets
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Leading E-Commerce Retail and Distribution Company
- Current Job Vacancies at Fan Milk Plc
- Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP)
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions ]
- Food Concepts Plc Management Graduate Trainee Recruitment ( Food concept Recruitment 2020 )