The Ogun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal led by Justice Yusuf Halilu, on Saturday ruled on the case seeking disqualification of Governor Dapo Abiodun.
The Tribunal, ruling on preliminary objections, struck out Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade’s petition.
Adekunle had sought disqualification of Governor Abiodun on grounds of submitting false academic qualification.
The Tribunal ruled that the issue of information about academic qualification in Abiodun sworn affidavit had been laid to rest by the Appeal court.
It said for this reason the petitioner can’t be allowed to resurrect or open same matter at the Tribunal since the Appellate court had deemed it “statue barred.”
The Tribunal noted it would stand by the decision of the Appellate court, adding that the Petitioner also filed the application challenging Abiodun’s qualification outside the window of time allowed.
The Tribunal then proceeded to read the main judgement which still ongoing as at the time of filing the report.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution