Concerned neighbours confronted a man after he beat a 10-month-old baby and the child’s mother because the baby won’t stop crying and depriving him of sleep.
Neighbours accosted the man after he battered the woman and threw her into a pool of dirty water. When asked, he said the woman insulted him after he beat her child for crying.
The man, named Isaac, is a relative of the woman’s baby daddy. He said the baby daddy abandoned the woman and the child in the village so, he brought her down to Lagos in a bid to help her.
She started living with him and he said that’s when he began losing sleep because the child always woke up crying at night.
He explained that he cautioned her to control her child and try breastfeeding him if he tries to keep the child from disturbing his sleep. However, he claimed that, rather than breastfeed the child when he cries at night, the mother will beat him, making him cry more.
He added that as an okada man he needs his sleep but hardly gets it.
On the morning that he beat the child and the mother, he said he heard the child crying and called the woman but she didn’t answer. He beat the 10-month-old child and when his mother, who was in the bathroom, came out, she confronted him for beating her son.
Angered by the disrespect, Isaac said he beat the woman too and pushed her into the dirty water.
The woman had blood running down her hands from the injury inflicted on her. Her clothes were also soiled with the dirty water she was pushed into.
The man explained that he’s been the one taking care of the woman and her child, however, the woman doesn’t listen to him.
When asked what happened, the woman seemed reluctant to speak at first, but she later opened up and explained how the assault happened.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement