A 23-year-old Okada rider, Akeem Jimoh, has been arraigned before an Osun State Magistrates’ Court sitting in Osogbo for allegedly playing Betnaija with the sum of N250, 000 without paying.
The Nation learnt that Jimoh who is an Okada rider approached two shops of Betnaija in Osogbo to play a game and assured them that he would pay them.
He gambled in the first shop with the sum of N100, 000 and subsequently, went to another shop to play with the sum of N150, 000 before he was eventually arrested.
Jimoh had played the same game when he arrived in the state from Ondo State during the Sallah celebration and won the sum of N200, 000.
The police prosecutor, Inspector Kayode Adeoye informed the court that the defendant on 12 August 2020 at about 3 PM at Ayetoro Area, Osogbo fraudulently and unlawfully played Betnaija game worth of N 150,000 from one Ayanlola Tobiloba and later went to the shop of one Adigun Saheed at Oke-Baale area to gamble with the sum of N100, 000.
He noted that the offence committed by the defendant is contrary to and punishable under section 419A of the Criminal Code CAP 34 Vol. Il Laws of Osun State of Nigeria 2002.
Jimoh who was arraigned on two counts pleaded guilty to the charge.
However, the Magistrate Adebayo Ajala, in his ruling said, the prosecutor that Betnaija is a lawful business which is contrary to what is stated in the charge as ‘Unlawfully play Betnaija’. Even thou the defendant pleaded guilty, the court must look at the matter.
He ordered that the defendant should either be remanded in police custody or released on bail before would be re-arraigned on a different charge.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022