The Borno State governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum on Wednesday confirmed that 81 civilians were buried following the attack by suspected Boko Haram insurgents in the northern part of state on Tuesday.
Zulum made the disclosure on Wednesday while addressing newsmen at the scene of Tuesday’s massacre in Felo village, Gubio LGA.
After Killing 69, insurgents return to Borno village, set houses on fire Boko Haram kills 69 people in Borno village The governor could not hide his emotions as he addressed journalists with fainted voice, showing his concern about the massacre.
He also confirmed that 6 people were forcefully taken away by the attackers.
“We are yet to make complete assessment but you have listened to them that in this grave yards they buried 49 people while those whose bodies have been taken away by their relatives and families were 32.
“So far, they have been able to identify 81 bodies. “We are here to sympathize with the family of the victims over yesterday (Tuesday’s) massacre.” He charged the military to wipe out the insurgents from the Lake Chad region.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line