By Moses Darah
In a literal and comic sense, the title OKOWA may be seen as a hybrid of the Urhobo phrase for buddy ‘Oko’, and the Yoruba phrase for our ‘wa’. Juxtaposing every sense gives rise to OUR FRIEND as a result of the which implies of who and what Okowa represents; and this definitely is the case.
My personal analysis of our buddy’s effectivity in his first tenure often, and with particular reference to the initiatives he executed in Abraka reveals that he has carried out credibly correctly. In particular, if I’m requested to grade the initiatives executed in Abraka by the Governor of Delta State, Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa as on the end of his first time interval of Four years ‘course’ will get nearer, I’ll merely ranking him a ‘B’ inside the frequent of 60%, sentiments aside.
Till date, numerous my associates are nonetheless uncertain, questioning if these developmental strides are precise. For the data, for the time being in 2015, the Ekrejeta freeway, significantly on the monetary establishment house was not motorable owing to flooding attributable to the heavy rainfalls and the absence of drainage system. The flooding and its affect was a hell of an experience. Even the footbridges constructed by landlords inside the house solely for pedestrians as a makeshift reply was not a solution in any means. Okowa shortly moved in through Engr (Dr) Blessing Enamuotor with a helpful drainage (not gutter ooo) and repairs of the decapitated areas.
Today, I made a decision to take a census of various the laudable initiatives executed by the Governor Okowa’s led administration:
1. Erho Sec Sch Abraka full renovation
2. Renovation of Umiaghwa Secondary School, Oria-Abraka
3. Construction of a six-classroom-block in Abraka Grammar School, Abraka
4. Construction of three models of three classroom block each Urhuoka Secondary School, Abraka.
5. Construction of a six and three Classroom blocks at Ogodo Primary School Urhuovie, Abraka .
6. Construction of a six classroom block with Administrative block at Ojeta Secondary School, Abraka.
7. Construction of a six classroom block with bogs at Erho Primary School, Abraka.
8. Construction of Ivie Road, Abraka
9. Construction of Lucas Road, Abraka
10. Construction of NUT Road, Abraka.
11. Construction of Winners Road, Abraka
12. Construction of Jehovah Road / Umono Crescent, Abraka.
Clarion identify: The NUT freeway is a waterlogged house. From my personal inspection of the world, I discovered that, not just like the Jehovah’s witness freeway, it has no drainage. The Governor should kindly readdress it. The Okpogoro, College and Irhue roads additionally must be considered for growth. The most important one is the Irhue freeway linking Great Ovedje Ogboru’s dwelling through Etaghene street.
Appreciation: Special as a result of governor for these good works. The third best House of Assembly member of the 12 months, Let me quickly level out my first and second best dwelling members. They are Hon Samuel Mariere of Ughelli North for sighting various initiatives significantly faculties in nearly the entire neighborhood of his constituency and Hon Reuben Izeze of Ughelli South for guaranteeing the takeoff of Okwagbe/Otutuama/Esaba freeway’s growth and the price of bursary to deserved school college students in tertiary institutions.
On a very essential discover, the Abraka people should hire the Udje and Ikenike troupes of the Udu and Ughievwen people to have enjoyable this unusual gem, who no matter all odds, has broken the underdevelopment jinx in Abraka.