The member representing Obubra 1 state Constituency in the Cross River state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Okpechi Friday Gabriel has congratulated the Obubra/Etung Federal House of Representatives member, Rt. Hon. Mike Etaba and the Speaker of the 9th Cross River State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Eteng Jonah Williams on their victory at Appeal Court on Friday.
Okpechi, in a statement issued by his Senior Special Adviser on New Media, Mr Jacob Clifford, on Friday in Calabar, the state capital, also congratulated the state leadership of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) on the victory.
The Appeal court in an eight-hour long judgment dismissed the petition by the ADC and its House of Representatives Candidate, Barrister Innocent Chima for lack of merit.
Okpechi lauded the Nigerian Judiciary for doing its job without fear or favour.
The Obubra 1 state honourable member felicitated with members of the PDP family statewide, especially the Governor, Sir Ben Ayade on the victory.
“ I am elated to congratulate Hon. Mike Etaba and Eteng Jones on their victory at the appeal court. I had no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Rt. Hon. Mike Etaba would come out victorious, considering the massive support the good people of Obubra/Etung gave him before and during the Feb. 23 National Assembly Election.
“May I also congratulate the Nigerian Judiciary for living up to expectations by doing the right thing, with this judgement, a precedent has been set for electoral matters in the country,” he said.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company