A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Ondo State chapter, Toyin Akindele, who was involved in an auto crash is dead.
Ajinde, who gave up the ghost at the Trauma Centre in Ondo, had been in coma since the ghastly accident, which occurred on September 6.
Recall that DAILY POST had reported the how the deceased alongside the senator representing Ondo South at the National Assembly, Nicholas Tofowomo were involved in ghastly accident which occurred at Igara-Oke axis of the Ilesa-Owo highway while on their way to Akure from an official engagement in Ibadan.
Also, the PDP governorship aspirant in the state, Banji Okunomo as well another female chieftain of the party were involved in the accident.
According to one of Ajinde’s family member craved anonymity, “It saddened our heart when we heard yesterday that she (Mrs. Ajinde) gave up the ghost in the hospital.
“Toyin had been in coma since the accident occurred and she took the brute of the impact of the injury she sustained.”
Meanwhile, the PDP has described Ajinde’s death an unbearable loss.
In a statement issued by Zadok Akintoye, the Director of Media and Publicity, PDP Ondo State stated “Our party expresses deep sadness at the news of the death of one of our foremost women-leader, Mrs Toyin Ajinde.
“Her demise, which was due to injuries sustained after a vehicular accident along Ilesha-Akure expressway, remains a loss that would be long felt by our party and citizens who met and benefitted from her magnanimity and good nature.
“Toyin was a great mobilizer and dedicated party woman who blazed the trail for greater inclusion of women in politics and governance.
“Our condolences goes to her husband, children and extended family.
“We pray that God would grant her family, the fortitude to bear this great and irreplaceable loss.”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022