The Ondo State Police Command on has confirmed the death of two policemen said to have been allegedly killed by some unknown gunmen in the state.
It was gathered that the bandits met the policemen at a checkpoint along Ode Irele -Ajagba Road, in Irele Local Government Area of the state, on Monday morning, and allegedly opened fire on them, killing two and injured one other .
The injured cop was said to have been immediately rushed to a hospital in the area where he was receiving treatment.
The identity of the deceased had however not been revealed by the command.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Femi Joseph, who confirmed the incident said the command had been on the search of the bandits
According to him” We lost two of our men on duty on Monday, but we don’t know who the killers are yet , whether they are armed robbers or militants or some thugs, it is when we arrest them that they tell us who they are.
“But it is very sad and unfortunately for the command, losing our men just like that. While the investigation has commenced, we will do everything to get the bandits arrested and face the wrath of the law.”
Another source in the area said the alleged killers were the militants who had been terrorising the riverine area in the recent time.
He said the bandits and the policemen at the checkpoint argued over N50 bribe, leading to the shootout between them.
It was also learnt through another source that the killers were armed robbers, who shot the policemen, while escaping from a robbery operation.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021