President of the Senate, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has reacted to the resignation of his aide, Mr. Olu Onemola.
Igbere TV had earlier reported the resignation of Onemola as Special Assistant on New Media to Lawan.
Onemola is an ex-aide to Senator Bukola Saraki, whose reappointment by Lawan had sparked controversy, especially within the circle of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He tendered his resignation letter earlier today saying he would want to be excused from the job because of the controversy it has generated.
Reacting to the development, Dr. Ahmad Lawan said he has accepted the resignation of Onemola as his aide on New Media.
This was contained in a tweet on the official handle of the Senate President [@SPNigeria] on Sunday.
“Olu Onemola, the Special Assistant to the President of the Senate has resigned his appointment.
“The resignation is contained in a letter he addressed to the Senate President.
“In the letter, Onemola thanked Lawan for the offer to continue to serve and promote the work of the 9th Senate, “which I’m sure is borne out your patriotic desire to serve the Nigerian people.”
“The President of the Senate has since approved the resignation and wished Onemola all the best in his future endeavors,” the tweet read.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022