The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed the suit filed by the Cross River State government against the President Muhammadu Buhari Government.
The State Government had filed the case, challenging the suspension and trial of the former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen.
DAILY POST had reported that the Cross River State Government led by Governor Ben Ayade, approached the Supreme Court, challenging the six-count charge indicting the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen for non-declaration of assets.
The suit was filed by the Attorney General of Cross River State on behalf of the state government.
The Government wanted the court to set aside the suspension and trial of Justice Onnoghen at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, FRN, and the Attorney General of the Federation, AGF are defendants in the marked SC/45/2019.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company