A Bank Verification Number (BVN) search carried out have uncovered additional monetary establishment accounts belonging to the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, The Nation reported.
The banks are Standard Chartered Bank, Union Bank and Heritage Bank, consistent with the preliminary report on the actions of Onnoghen by the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) and sister companies.
Detectives are understood to have written the three banks for particulars of transactions on the alleged accounts of the suspended CJN.
Further investigation into Onnoghen’s accounts nonetheless, the United States of America, the United Kingdom and the European Commission (EU) yesterday urged warning on the part of the federal authorities in its coping with of his case.
A doc sighted by correspondents states: “Upon receipt of the report, a preliminary investigation was carried out all through which the following actions have been carried out:
“A request was despatched to the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) for a report on the suspect.
“A letter of investigation actions was despatched to Standard Chartered Bank, Union Bank and Heritage Bank to produce the statements of accounts of the suspect;
“A BVN search by the use of the NIBSS platform was carried out on the suspect and 6 (6) additional accounts have been found to be linked or associated to the suspect;
“The statements of accounts of the suspect were analyzed and further to that, a letter was written to Standard Chartered Bank requesting for additional information on suspicious activities in the account.”
There was nervousness yesterday over alleged restriction on the movement of Justice Onnoghen.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021