Henry Onyekuru and Sofiane Feghouli were on target to help Galatasaray advance into the Turkish Cup final.
The Nigeria international Onyekuru got a pair of goals while Feghouli found the back of the net as the Yellow-Reds claimed a 5-2 victory over Yeni Malatyaspor in Thursday’s Turkish Cup semi-final game.
After the first leg ended in goalless draw, Galatasaray hit the ground running at the Malatya Arena with Martin Linnes opening the flood of goals five minutes into the encounter
Feghouli doubled the lead in the 39th minute while Martin Linnes reduced the deficit from the penalty spot for Yeni Malatyaspor moments before the half-time break.
After the restart of the match, Onyekuru compounded the woes of their host with his 58th minute effort and completed his brace 16 minutes later.
Kostas Mitroglou sealed the emphatic win in the 84th minute to render a late-minute strike from Arturo Mina a mere consolation.
Galatasaray will try Akhisarspor for size in the final of the Cup competition.
Onyekuru has now scored 14 goals in all competitions this season while Feghouli has 10 goals to his name.
Both African stars will hope to impress during the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, scheduled for June and July.
Nigeria are in Group B along with Burundi, Guinea and Madagascar while Algeria will compete in Group C alongside Senegal, Kenya and Tanzania. (Goal)
•Photo shows Henry Onyekuru
Source Daily Sports
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager