Operatives of the Nigerian Police have fired teargas at End SARS protesters in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja.
The policemen intercepted the protesters at the John Kennedy Street as they attempt to march through the back gate of the Presidential Villa, Daily Post reports.
The protesters, mostly the youths, are demanding a total scrapping of the Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS; an end to police brutality; reformation of the police; and an end to extra-judicial killings.
The police officers, in an attempt to disperse the protesters gathered at Power House in Asokoro, fired teargas.
Soldiers had earlier taken over major streets and strategic points in the FCT.
The police have also stationed its personnel in front of CBN headquarters with Armoured Personnel Carrier and water cannons ready.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited