Bayelsa Supreme court ruling : Is Oshiomole the new Chief Justice of Nigeria?
The Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Adams Aliyu Oshiomole, has come under intense public fire, over his comment that nobody will be sworn in as governor in Bayelsa today.
On Thursday, Supreme Court 5 man panel, led by the erudite Mary Odili, ruled against APC, over certificate forgery of the deputy governor to David Lyon.
Oshiomole, while reacting to the verdict, said that the judgement lacked fruit of Justice, what that means is that, he is faulting the verdict.
But that is not the case, for a National Chairman not to know that it is a grave mistake, to issue a blanket statement that nobody will be sworn in, is tantamount to the fact that he is already giving his own unilateral judgement, as against the ruling of the Supreme Court.
PDP issued a statement via its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbodiyan, warning Oshiomole from making further statement that can cause chaos in Bayelsa State.
But from the look of things, INEC will go ahead to implement the Supreme Court judgement, because what appears as barrier, has now been cleared. Diri won in 5 local governments which is the 2/3 spread requirement by the law, for him to be sworn in.
Not only that, all the APC votes has been invalidated.
It is expected that APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomole should have carefully studied the judgement, and be provided with adequate information, before reacting like he did. He cannot take over the responsibility of the court by saying that no one will be sworn in as governor of Bayelsa.
This is why we ask, if Oshiomole has turned to CJN.
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at Ekiti State College of Agriculture and Technology
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Outgoing Corps Members To Receive Certificates At Local Govt Councils – NYSC
- Almajiris Coming To SouthEast Are Businessmen – Lai Mohammed
- Nigerian States’ Legislature, Judiciary: FG Releases Details Of Financial Autonomy
- How Buhari Minister Drove Us Out Of Office With Guns, Seized Our Personal Items – Dabiri-erewa
- We Are Loyal To Buhari – Nigerian Air Force
Share this post with your Friends on