Bayelsa Supreme court ruling : Is Oshiomole the new Chief Justice of Nigeria?
The Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Adams Aliyu Oshiomole, has come under intense public fire, over his comment that nobody will be sworn in as governor in Bayelsa today.
On Thursday, Supreme Court 5 man panel, led by the erudite Mary Odili, ruled against APC, over certificate forgery of the deputy governor to David Lyon.
Oshiomole, while reacting to the verdict, said that the judgement lacked fruit of Justice, what that means is that, he is faulting the verdict.
But that is not the case, for a National Chairman not to know that it is a grave mistake, to issue a blanket statement that nobody will be sworn in, is tantamount to the fact that he is already giving his own unilateral judgement, as against the ruling of the Supreme Court.
PDP issued a statement via its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbodiyan, warning Oshiomole from making further statement that can cause chaos in Bayelsa State.
But from the look of things, INEC will go ahead to implement the Supreme Court judgement, because what appears as barrier, has now been cleared. Diri won in 5 local governments which is the 2/3 spread requirement by the law, for him to be sworn in.
Not only that, all the APC votes has been invalidated.
It is expected that APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomole should have carefully studied the judgement, and be provided with adequate information, before reacting like he did. He cannot take over the responsibility of the court by saying that no one will be sworn in as governor of Bayelsa.
This is why we ask, if Oshiomole has turned to CJN.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- Oyo State Government Amotekun Corps Recruitment Massively 3,000 slots
- CASALA DON BURST!! Nigerian Lady Revealed All The Names Of Men Who Last For 2 Seconds (Please Check, Your Name Might Be There)
- DIRTY GAME!! After Dumping PDP For APC, Dogara Accuses Bauchi Governor Of Looting N4.6Billion
- BREAKING!! Plot To Arrest And Detain Oshiomhle Thickens
- World Hepatitis Day: C-River Govt To Conduct Free Screening
Share this post with your Friends on