An Osogbo Chief Magistrates’ Court, on Friday, remanded 10 persons charged with murder and conspiracy in Ilesa Prison.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the accused persons include Joseph Oluwatobi, 35; Onikoyi Fatai, 25; Ajiboye Fatai, 28; Adebayo Oluwole, 32; Ganiyu Yusuf, 25; Bolarinwa Opeyemi, 40; Mumuni Saheed, 21; Mohammed Mubarak, 28; Oladosu Toheeb, 22 and Alimi Sodiq, 22.
The Magistrate, Mr O. T. Badmus, ordered that the defendants be kept in prison due to the magnitude of the offence committed and adjourned the case till Oct. 25 for mention.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Olusegun Elisha, had told the court that the defendants committed the offence on Aug. 19 at about 6.00 pm., at Obelawo area, Osogbo.
He said “They killed Adedeji Makute by strangling him to death.”
He said that the offence contravened Sections 316, 319(1) and 324 of the Criminal Code, Cap 34, Vol. 11, Laws of Osun, 2002.
NAN reports that the pleas of the defendants were not taken by the court.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022