Osun Election Tribunal Removes Oyetola, Declares Senator Adeleke Winner
￼ THE election tribunal judgment on Osun 2018 governorship election has dominated in favour of Senator Ademola Adeleke.
The three-member bench of the tribunal led by Justice Ibrahim Sirajo delivered its judgment on the Federal High Court, Apo, Abuja on Friday, March 22.
The petition was filed by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and its governorship candidate, Adeleke, difficult the victory of Governor Gboyega Oyetola within the guber polls held in September 2018.
Senator Adeleke and the PDP had put ahead a complete of 20 prayers together with prayer asking to be declared winner of the election and be issued certificates of return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Justice Peter Obiora in delivered the lead judgment on behalf the tribunal.
“In the ultimate evaluation, having held that the cancellation was unlawful based mostly on non compliance, it’s our decision that the petitioners gained the election of the Osun State Gubernatorial Election,’’ Obiora mentioned.
Before the ultimate judgment, the tribunal had in it first preliminary ruling, dismissed all grounds raised within the preliminary objection of the 2nd respondent, Governor Oyetola, it additionally dismissed all grounds within the preliminary objection filed by the third respondent, APC.
The second preliminary ruling of was, nonetheless in opposition to Adeleke and the PDP.
The tribunal dismissed their software asking the it to strike out the information and figures contained in tables used within the replies of Oyetola and APC.
During listening to, the petitioners – PDP and Adeleke referred to as 80 witnesses; INEC referred to as none, whereas Oyetola offered 11 witnesses, and APC 2.
The tribunal was moved to Abuja in November 2018, after it was initially inaugurated in Osogbo, the Osun state capital.
Meanwhile, Osun state governor, Gboyega Oyetola is but to nominate any commissioner since he assumed workplace in November 2018.
The state governor is alleged to have taken the place attributable to monetary difficulties the state is at the moment experiencing.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- You Have No Future With APC — Omini Urges Nigerians To Move To PDP
- JUST IN!! 356 Soldiers Tender Resignation To Buratai, Cite Loss Of Interest
- BREAKING!! Nigeria To Go On Total Lockdown Till November 2020 (Read Details)
- Detain Magu For 28 Days — Fayose Tells Presidential Panel
- Apply Now: Nigeria Police Begins Recruitment
Share this post with your Friends on