￼ THE election tribunal judgment on Osun 2018 governorship election has dominated in favour of Senator Ademola Adeleke.
The three-member bench of the tribunal led by Justice Ibrahim Sirajo delivered its judgment on the Federal High Court, Apo, Abuja on Friday, March 22.
The petition was filed by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and its governorship candidate, Adeleke, difficult the victory of Governor Gboyega Oyetola within the guber polls held in September 2018.
Senator Adeleke and the PDP had put ahead a complete of 20 prayers together with prayer asking to be declared winner of the election and be issued certificates of return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Justice Peter Obiora in delivered the lead judgment on behalf the tribunal.
“In the ultimate evaluation, having held that the cancellation was unlawful based mostly on non compliance, it’s our decision that the petitioners gained the election of the Osun State Gubernatorial Election,’’ Obiora mentioned.
Before the ultimate judgment, the tribunal had in it first preliminary ruling, dismissed all grounds raised within the preliminary objection of the 2nd respondent, Governor Oyetola, it additionally dismissed all grounds within the preliminary objection filed by the third respondent, APC.
The second preliminary ruling of was, nonetheless in opposition to Adeleke and the PDP.
The tribunal dismissed their software asking the it to strike out the information and figures contained in tables used within the replies of Oyetola and APC.
During listening to, the petitioners – PDP and Adeleke referred to as 80 witnesses; INEC referred to as none, whereas Oyetola offered 11 witnesses, and APC 2.
The tribunal was moved to Abuja in November 2018, after it was initially inaugurated in Osogbo, the Osun state capital.
Meanwhile, Osun state governor, Gboyega Oyetola is but to nominate any commissioner since he assumed workplace in November 2018.
The state governor is alleged to have taken the place attributable to monetary difficulties the state is at the moment experiencing.
- BREAKING: Buhari Reappoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
- #EndSars: Raging Hoodlums Storm Church, Loot Food Items, Others
- BREAKING!! WTO’s Council To Officially Announce Okonjo-Iweala’s Choice As WTO DG Today
- SHOCKING!! Dogara Directs Immediate Release of Arrested Looters of His Residence
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Orders Full Reopening of All Markets
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Leading E-Commerce Retail and Distribution Company
- Current Job Vacancies at Fan Milk Plc
- Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP)
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions ]
- Food Concepts Plc Management Graduate Trainee Recruitment ( Food concept Recruitment 2020 )