Information reaching Weetalknaija Daily has it that some angry youths in Mkpani community in Yakurr Local Government Area of Cross River State have burnt down properties worth millions of Naira over chieftaincy tussle.
A resident of the area who spoke in a telephone interview, said the crisis started on Saturday night and escalated on Sunday morning.
Another member of the community, Trinity Jesam, who wrote on his Facebook wall said “My heart is heavy and tears running out of my eyes, that I can’t proffer solutions to the killing and burning of houses in my community”.
Travelers along this route are advised to take caution as we urge security agencies to move in and maintain peace and orderliness.
Picture credit: Queen Jessy
(Culled from George Odok Facebook Wall)
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )