A fishing community in Lamurde Local Government Area of Adamawa State, Mbemun, was attacked in the early hours of Saturday.
The attack on Mbemun came two days after a communal clash on Thursday between the Hausa community and indigenous Choba-speaking people in the same Lamurde LGA prompted a visit by Governor Ahmadu Fintiri on Friday. Oh No! Nigerian Singer, Perezi Drowns While Swimming In Delta
Concerning the latest crisis, residents of Mbemun said the entire community fell under the attack of the unidentified people who burnt down many houses.
They said no death occurred as the people managed to escape, but that substantial sections of the community were razed and their cattle taken away.
Lamurde is a town and Local Government Area which lies 145 kilometers south of the state capital, Yola.
Information Officer of the LGA, Mr Zidon Pwagwadi told newsmen on phone Saturday morning that about 50 houses were razed by the invaders who also made away with cattle.
He added that the attackers were suspected to be Fulani herders. BREAKING!! Buhari New Chief Of Staff Lands In Big Trouble As More Revelations Shows How He Openly Supported The Killing Of Ken Saro-Wiwa The Adamawa State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, was yet to respond to calls and text message regarding the attack when this report was filed.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022