Over 70 Dead As Ferry Capsizes in Iraq River
More than 70 people are reported to have died after a ferry sank within the Tigris river in Iraq’s metropolis of Mosul.
Most of the 100 passengers stated to have been on board couldn’t swim, the top of Mosul’s civil defence company stated. The ferry was reportedly heading in direction of a vacationer island as a part of Kurdish New Year celebrations. Rescue groups are on the lookout for survivors. Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi has ordered an investigation “to find out obligations”.
In a statement Mr Mahdi stated he was following the story “with ache and unhappiness” , and ordered “all state efforts” to seek out survivors and deal with victims. About 12 people have been rescued to this point, the defence company chief stated.
Map Presentational white house Authorities had reportedly warned people about rising water ranges because the gates of the Mosul dam had been opened, and a few are accusing the ship operator of ignoring the recommendation. Images on social media confirmed the upturned vessel and people floating within the fast-flowing river. Ambulances and helicopters arrived to seek out survivors and our bodies of these killed.
Aftermatch of Mosul ferry sinking The vessel was stated to be on its method to Umm Rabaen island, a vacationer space about 4km (2.5 miles) upstream and north of town centre. People throughout the area are celebrating Nowruz, the Kurdish New Year pageant.
Local info supply Mosul Eye tweeted an “pressing appeal” for people to go right down to the river close to the Fifth Bridge and the Old Bridge within the metropolis centre to assist with the rescue. It known as on motorists to cease their automobiles to permit ambulances carrying victims to cross.
The Kurdistan Regional Government has reportedly despatched 10 ambulances to Mosul from the close by metropolis of Duhok to assist. Mosul was captured by the Islamic State group in June 2014 and have become its de-facto capital. It was not liberated till July 2017 after a nine-month battle that left massive components of town in ruins.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Hits EFCC
- NDDC Fraud: Step Aside for Investigation — PDP Tells Akpabio
- Betta Edu Lauds UCTH For A Successful Complex Brain Surgery
- Edo 2020: Group Begs Buhari To Appoint Magu As Treasurer Of APC/Ize-Iyamu Campaign
- REVEALED!! Magu Failed To Submit EFCC Audited Accounts For Four Years
Share this post with your Friends on