Over N10bn compensation paid to communities for 2nd Niger Bridge, Says funding, a setback for road projects — Fashola
John Ameh, Abuja
Minister of Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, admitted on Wednesday that poor funding was reason major road projects delayed since 2015.
He said some communities made ridiculous compensation demands for roads traversing their localities, further causing problems for the projects.
For instance, he said compensation payment on the 2nd Niger Bridge had already climbed to over N10bn.
Fashola spoke with State House Correspondents after the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting in Abuja.
He noted that not all the N300bn budgeted for roads was released.
Meanwhile, he disclosed the FEC approved N8.2bn for road projects on Wednesday.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group