JUST NOW!! Serious Gunshots In Edo, PDP And APC Supporters Clash As Obaseki Flag-off Campaign
Over ten persons sustained varying degrees of injuries at the Edo State governorship campaign flag-off of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Saturday, july 25, in Benin, Info Daily can authoritatively report.
The over ten persons sustained the injuries from gunshots that greeted the party’s campaign flagoff in the ancient city.
The PDP campaign team led by its national chairman, Uche Secondus, had visited the Oba of Benin in his Palace to receive the Monarch’s royal blessings and prayers after which the entourage departed for Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin, for the campaign proper.
Those in the entourage of the campaign team were: the party’s national chairman, Uche Secondus; Governor Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shaibu; Rivers State governor who doubles as the chairman of the Campain Council, Nyesome Wike; Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambua; Delta State governor, Infeanyi Okowa; senators and House of Representatives members.
Trouble started when the campaign team alongside their supporters left the palace premises and consequently gestulated to some persons (APC supporters) who were drumming and dancing at the gate of the Palace to follow the entourage which they reportedly refused.
Their refusal, according to lady who was among the dancers but pleaded that her name should not be mentioned, led to the sporadic gunshots.
According her, as they called them to leave the premises but they refused not too long the gunshots greeted the air.
”We were drumming, singing and dancing at the gate when Obaseki entourage and their supporters who were dancing came out and were going. They then signaled with their hands that we should go but we didn’t mind them but we continue to dance and sing. After few minutes that they called on us to follow them and we refused, we started to hear gunshots. We all ran for our lives but some of us still sustained injuries.”
Those APC supporters led by Tony Adun aka Tony Kabaka were reportedly at the Palace to welcome Benin Billionaire, Captain Hosa who was hosting dignitaries today to dedicate the Prince of the Monarch who was born some months ago.
Another person, a journalist, who luckily escaped the bullets described the scene as terrible, just as he said it was so bad that a Mobile Police man was escaping just as he did and consequently dragged the Palace gate with for safety.
”We were at the gate conducting interview with some dignitaries when the we heard gunshots just close to us. It was so terrible that I heard to rush in to the Palace for a cover but unfortunately their was gridlock at the gate as people scammered for their lives. Funny enough, a Mobile Police man was dragging the gate with me as he was trying to escape as well. This made me to sustain injury on my hand.
” See, as I am, I don’t have microphone as it was no where to be found. Today’s scene was scaring and terrible,” he said.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Max FM Iya Jogbo is dead , TVC Communications Grieves
- Jobs in Lagos Today for Graduate Direct Sales Executive at Transsnet Group
- Field Disbursement Officer at Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Job Vacancies in Nigeria at Biomedical Nigeria Limited
- Hot Nigeria Jobs in a Sales & Distribution IT Firm in Lagos
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- #bbnaija2020: Dorathy Becomes First Female Housemate To do this
- Ondo 2020: Mass Defection Looms In PDP As Aggrieved Leaders Meet Akeredolu
- More Revelations Why Dogara Dumps PDP For APC
- Betta Edu Gets Federal Government Award
- BREAKING: 601 Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Graduate In Gombe, Reintegrated To Communities
Share this post with your Friends on