Gov Seyi Makinde says the government has opened a bank account for the purpose of saving looted money being recovered from wrong hands and illegal accounts.
NAN reports that Makinde stated this when some bank officials paid him a courtesy visit in his office on Wednesday in Ibadan.
“The account is going to be made open to everybody because we don’t want to recover money and have it looted again”, he said.
”We want to recover the money in a very transparent manner; we want people to see what we have done with the money recovered.
”We want people to know what could have been done with such money which actually belongs to them.
”Some state’s money being seized from individuals by the EFCC will be returned to the state’s coffers and will be kept in the account.
”We want to charge you to hold us accountable too because this government cannot compromise the trust which the people of the state repose on us. We will never ask you to do any cover up job for us”.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022