Oyo South:- Court of Appeal dismisses Ajimobi’s petition against Kola Balogun
The Court of Appeal, Ibadan, on Friday, dismissed the petition filed by the immediate past Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, challenging the verdict of the Election Petition Tribunal on the February Senatorial for Oyo South.
The Election Petition Tribunal had upheld the victory of Dr.Kola Balogun (Oyo South).
Balogun polled a total of 105,720 votes to defeat Ajimobi who had 92,218 votes.
Delivering judgment Friday Justice Haruna Tsammani, said Ajimobi’s petition lacked merit.
Tsammani affirmed the decision of the tribunal, adding that the tribunal was right in its judgment.
The judge held that the petitioner had no right to raise the issue of non-qualificati
on of the respondent based on the conduct of PDP primary.
He further held that a person that does not participate in a party primary does not have the right to challenge the outcome of the primary.
Tsammani said a person is qualified to contest once such a person satisfies the condition of the party and INEC confirmed such a person.
The judge said most of the witnesses presented by the petitioner were not qualified to tender exhibits and give evidence because they are not the maker of those documents tendered.
He said the tribunal was right in upholding the victory of Balogun and dismissed the petition.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution