Oyo State government on Friday announced a slight adjustment to the schedule of school reopening earlier released.
The state government said the adjustment was in line with agreement reached by the Federal Government and the West African Examination Council (WAEC) on the commencement of the 2020 West African School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
According to the Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Mr Olasunkanmi Olaleye, since the commencement date of WASSCE is slated for 17th August, 2020, there is the need for SSS3 students to continue their lessons until the examination begins.
He disclosed that SS3 students are to resume back to school on Monday 3rd August, after the eid-il- Kabir break, while the JSS3 and Primary 6 classes are to continue with the holiday as earlier scheduled and resume for their examinations on the 10th and 20th of August respectively.
Olaleye enjoined all education stakeholders in the State to note the new development and other academic schedules approved by the State Executive Council on the 21st of July 2020, which remained as announced.
- BREAKING!! Many Confirmed Missing As Truck Plunges Into River In Lagos
- 2023 Presidency: North Considering Jonathan To Take Over From Buhari
- Ondo Governorship Election: Fear Grips APC As Makinde, Tambuwal, Mimiko Meet To Forge Last Minute Alliance To …
- Nationwide Strike: Airspace Joins NLC, Vow To Shutdown Operation
- Disregard Fake News, ASUU Strike Is Still On — UNILAG Chairman