Oyo State government on Friday announced a slight adjustment to the schedule of school reopening earlier released.
The state government said the adjustment was in line with agreement reached by the Federal Government and the West African Examination Council (WAEC) on the commencement of the 2020 West African School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
According to the Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Mr Olasunkanmi Olaleye, since the commencement date of WASSCE is slated for 17th August, 2020, there is the need for SSS3 students to continue their lessons until the examination begins.
He disclosed that SS3 students are to resume back to school on Monday 3rd August, after the eid-il- Kabir break, while the JSS3 and Primary 6 classes are to continue with the holiday as earlier scheduled and resume for their examinations on the 10th and 20th of August respectively.
Olaleye enjoined all education stakeholders in the State to note the new development and other academic schedules approved by the State Executive Council on the 21st of July 2020, which remained as announced.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Fresh Update On School Reopening : Govt Adjusts School Calendar
- THIS IS HUGE!! See How Much Disney Is Owing Wizkid
- The Number Of Hours You Give The Church Is The Number Of Hours You Have Left’ – Chris Oyakhilome Threatens Govt
- Boko Haram, Killings: Nigerians Know We Have Done Better Than When We Took Over Power In 2015 ― Buhari
- Woman Who Waited For 18 Years To Have A Child, Dies Three Days After Welcoming A Set Of Twins (Photos)
- Job Vacancies at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Latest Job in Nigeria at Zetech Oil Services Nigeria Limited (5 Positions)
- Virgin Landmarts Limited Job Recruitment for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria today 2020 at Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Panafric Ocean & Energy Limited 2020 Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions )