The Governorship and State House of Assembly election petition tribunal in Oyo State, on Saturday nullified the declaration of Mr. Kazeem Olayanju as the winner of the House of Assembly election for Irepo/ Olorunsogo constituency.
DAILY POST gathered that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), had in March declared, Olayanju, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the winner of the election.
But, not satisfied with the result, the candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Mustapha Ajibola Azeez approached the election petition tribunal, urging the tribunal to declare him (Azeez) as the winner of the election.
Azeez in his argument insisted that there were irregularities in the election March 9th election, as he urged the tribunal to nullify Olayanju’s declaration.
The petitioner, Azeez in his petition EPT/OY/SHA/30/2019; Hon Azeez v Olayanju, (IREPO/OLORUNSOGO) said he was the authentic winner of the said election.
The tribunal, however, Saturday evening, declared Ajibola as the winner and nullified Olayanju’s declaration.
The tribunal declared that cancellation of ward 3 election in Irepo local government area in the constituency was wrong.
The tribunal held inter alia that the election indeed took place at ward 3 in Irepo local government area contrary to the submission of the respondents.
The tribunal also held that the incident of burning of results at ward collation center did not meant that there were no election at the polling units in questions.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company