The Vice President, Pastor Yemi Osinbajo, has disclosed the number of children benefitting from the Federal Government’s school feeding programme daily.
Osinbajo said nine million children across the federation are currently served a meal per-day under the Home-Ground School Feeding programme.
He disclosed this while stating that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration was making progress in tackling the problem of malnutrition in the country through the implementation of various intervention programmes and increased funding.
Osinbajo spoke Tuesday at the 2020 Virtual Conference on Nutrition in Nigeria, organized by the Aisha Buhari Foundation in collaboration with development partners.
He also disclosed that about 1.2 million Nigerians have benefitted from the federal government’s Conditional Cash Transfer Scheme.
According to Osinbajo:
“The Social Investment Programmes (SIPs has also been helpful), “particularly the Home-Ground School Feeding Programme for public schools currently feeds over 9 million children across 34 states and the FCT, serving one nutritious meal every day.
“And our Conditional Cash Transfer Scheme that has provided cash transfers to about 1.2 million beneficiaries so far, to boost income.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health