By Ifreke Inyang
The General Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has called on church leaders to donate buildings to be used as isolation centres, instead of continually criticizing the government.
In a broadcast shared by the church on Sunday, Bakare revealed he has donated facilities in Lagos and Ogun, to be used.
“Those churches with multiple facilities, rather than their leaders criticizing the government, should collaborate with them.
“They must be prepared to offer some of their halls to governmental authorities as isolation centres in support of the efforts of the government,” Bakare said.
Bakare’s position is in contrast with the opinion held by the presiding bishop of Living Faith Worldwide, David Oyedepo.
Oyedepo has questioned the ban on religious gatherings amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
He claimed that the “voice of darkness” influenced the ban on gatherings in churches.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021