Hope Uzodinma, governor of Imo state, says those behind the plot to remove Adams Oshiomhole as national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are working for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Speaking with journalists in Owerri, the state capital, Uzodinma said Oshiomhole would not be humiliated out of office.The governor said there are established guidelines for removing national officers of the party which are not being followed.
He also said those against the APC national chairman have been dropping the name of President Muhammadu Buhari to achieve their aim.
“Many of us, leaders of the party, are aware that those clamouring for the chairman’s removal are working with the PDP to destabilise the party,” Uzodinma said.
“But they will fail because we will not allow them to humiliate our national chairman out of the party through illegal means or by dropping the name of Mr. President.
“So, I advise those dropping the name of the President on their wicked plans to desist forthwith. He has done nothing wrong and no amount of propaganda and illegal plots can succeed in removing him from office.”
The crisis within the ruling party had heightened after a federal high court in Abuja ordered suspension of Oshiomhole and the police took over the party secretariat.
The APC national chairman had accused a serving minister and some governors of being responsible for his ordeal.(Native Reporters)
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting