PDP Cross River Heading For The Rocks, As Power Tussle Ensue Between Vena & Ela Faction Over Obanlikwu Chapter Chairmanship
The Peoples Democratic Party, Cross River State chapter, which prides itself as the home of Equity and Justice will be heading for the rock if certain anomalies are not corrected early.
The issue of the Obanlikwu LGA chapter Chairman’s purported removal by the State Working Committee seems to be the
1. The Barr. Venatius Ikem led exco will be progressing in error if they fail to discontinue their attempt to forcefully remove Deacon Ejikpese Justine.
2. Following the court processes filed on the 6th of January, 2022 the State Working Committee and any other organ of the party, has no right to conduct any by-election for the position of Chapter Chairman for Obanlikwu LGA since the position isn’t vacant.
3. Attempting to impose anyone on the people of Obanlikwu within this period until the expiration of the 4 years tenure of Deacon Justine will amount to contempt of Court.
4. If The PDP fails to thread with caution, the party will be thrown into different crisis which won’t be good for the party as an opposition.
5. Mr. Patrick Kayang remains suspended by the party as confirmed by majority signatories of ward Exco’s and chairman.
The kangaroo arrangement between some members of the SWC and Mr. Patrick Kayang remains a nullity and if the process is not returned to status quo, the party will be immersed in Crisis. Sitting or taking decisions on a matter already inCourt is absolute disabuse and contempt of court process
A stitch in time, they say Saves nine.