The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday dissociated itself from the N13 million allegedly given to the suspected Kidnap kingpin, Alhaji Hamisu Balla, a.k.a Wadume for the Presidential election.
In his confessional statement, Wadume allegedly confessed being given N13 million by the APC, but spent N7 million it the money for the election, in addition to collecting about N6 million from an unnamed sitting governor.
However, reacting to the claim, National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mallam Lanre Issa Onilu said the party has not budget for political thugs, stressing that it would be better for the suspect to name who gave him the money.
Onilu sais “It is expected that the alleged kidnapper, having come face to face with justice, would throw whatever he could lay his hands on into the fray. In any case, our party did not have budget for thugs.
“Unlike the period when the ruling party dipped hands into the public treasury to fund political campaigns and elections, APC had to rely on its own resources. Even if we had all the money, we would never allocate money for kidnappers and murderers. That era ended with PDP.
“Perhaps, he can name whoever gave him money. Definitely, it was not APC. From his purported confession, he claimed to be a PDP member before he went on to contest under another party
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group