PDP not APC gave you N13m, we’ve no budget for thugs — APC dissociates self from Wadume
The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday dissociated itself from the N13 million allegedly given to the suspected Kidnap kingpin, Alhaji Hamisu Balla, a.k.a Wadume for the Presidential election.
In his confessional statement, Wadume allegedly confessed being given N13 million by the APC, but spent N7 million it the money for the election, in addition to collecting about N6 million from an unnamed sitting governor.
However, reacting to the claim, National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mallam Lanre Issa Onilu said the party has not budget for political thugs, stressing that it would be better for the suspect to name who gave him the money.
Onilu sais “It is expected that the alleged kidnapper, having come face to face with justice, would throw whatever he could lay his hands on into the fray. In any case, our party did not have budget for thugs.
“Unlike the period when the ruling party dipped hands into the public treasury to fund political campaigns and elections, APC had to rely on its own resources. Even if we had all the money, we would never allocate money for kidnappers and murderers. That era ended with PDP.
“Perhaps, he can name whoever gave him money. Definitely, it was not APC. From his purported confession, he claimed to be a PDP member before he went on to contest under another party
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Ayade’s Aide, Ogodo Sends Condolence Message To Mrs Ogbene Over Husband’s Death
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
Share this post with your Friends on